November 25, 2019 Board Meeting Summary
- Spring 2020 Workshop with Jeff Georgi. April 17-18, 2020 at ERUUF in Durham. ”Beyond Shame: Taking Another Look at Addiction.” Esther and Russ are co-chairs. Save the Date stage.
- Financial discussion.
- Membership Drive – early bird fees until 12/31/19. Lapsed members will be contacted in Jan 2020.
- Review of Decoder Ring workshop evaluations, community mtg feedback, etc.
- Plans for training/readings/group activities re: diversity issues of inclusion and sensitivity, etc.
- Fall 2020 Institute. Peter chair. Planning stage. Asheville, NC location.
- Esther will be working w/ Anne Jones of IASWG re: collaboration/co-sponsoring, etc.
- Susan will have final update of bylaws for Dec board mtg to seek board approval.
- Contract updated for future workshops.
- ASA/AGPA/CGPS relationship and working together to benefit all.
- Need to develop a refund policy for workshops.
- Next meeting on Zoom, Monday 12/16/19 at 7:30pm. Contact Susan to receive Zoom invite if you’d like to attend.
CGPS Links –
Please join listserv by clicking the link below.
Google Group – Click Here
Website – CarolinasGPS.org
Facebook – Carolinas Group Psychotherapy Society – CGPS
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolinas-group-psychotherapysociety/2b8936158/
CGPS is on Twitter @CGPSer
CGPS is on Instagram @cgps6
2019 Board Members:
Susan Orovitz, PhD, CGP – President
Peter Millis, LCSW – President-elect
Moira Artigues, MD, CGP, PLLC – Treasurer
Esther Swim-Wright, LCSW – Secretary (graphic designer/workshop registrar/historian)
Dan Darnell, PhD – Member at large
Russ Hopfenberg, PhD, CGP, FAGPA – Member at large
Frances Patton, LMFT, D.Min – Member at large
Derek Easley, MSW, LCSW – Member at large
Brian Clougherty, MA, MDiv, NCC, LPC – Membership/Marketing Chair
Joan C. Seiffert, LCSW, CGP, PLLC – Nominations Committee Chair