CGPS Board Meeting Summary – Saturday, January 12, 2019
Attending: Brian, Dan, Russ, Joan, Peter, Esther, Susan.
2. vote on slate. – Slate approved. Joan/Esther to work on ballot for next year.
2. Monday January 14 MM committee is meeting on Zoom – Frances/Susan/Brian/Heather/Angel
3. Report on current Members – Currently there are 42 members total
4. SRAHEC contract
II. Old Business/Action
January 14 Zoom meeting.
B. Workshop Checklist:
Will be complete when next workshop is scheduled.
III. New Business/Action
Two in 2019. Fat Mouth Improv and Institute.
1. Fat Mouth Improv
a. FMI is excited to do a workshop.
b. Derek will lead team: Joan/Peter/Deborah Klinger and anyone else from Fat Mouth to coordinate and develop workshop.
c. Available dates: 4/13, 4/20, 4/27; 5/4, 5/18, 5/25. Friday/Saturday.
Fall 2019. Derek will lead PC committee: Joan/Peter/Russ for this workshop. Sat/Sunday.
3. Jeff Georgi reschedule – Joan will contact Jeff to nail down Spring or Fall workshop for 2020.
4. Brian will fill in for Esther at workshops when Esther is not in attendance. They will work that out together.
There will be a monthly board mtg. PC committee will report as do the other committees and have discussion as needed. PC committee will have its own smaller meetings for each workshop. Derek as PC chair will coordinate and chair these meetings and workshop committees.
IV. Next meeting:
V. Meeting Adjourned – 11:23am.
CGPS Links –
Please join listserv by clicking the link below.
Google Group – Click Here
Website – CarolinasGPS.org
Facebook – Carolinas Group Psychotherapy Society – CGPS
CGPS is on Twitter @CGPSer and LinkedIn
2019 Board Members:
Susan Orovitz, PhD, CGP – President
Peter Millis, LCSW – President-elect
Moira Artigues, MD, CGP, PLLC – Treasurer
Esther Swim-Wright, LCSW – Secretary
Dan Darnell, PhD – Member at large
Russ Hopfenberg, PhD, CGP, FAGPA – Member at large
Frances Patton, LMFT, D.Min – Member at large
Brian Clougherty, MA, MDiv, NCC, LPC – Membership/Marketing Chair
Derek Easley, MSW, LCSW – Program Committee Chair
Joan C. Seiffert, LCSW, CGP, PLLC – Nominations Committee Chair
W. J. Casstevens, PhD, MSW, LCSW – IASWG NC Chapter liaison