January 11, 2020 Board Meeting Summary
- We are very grateful to Susan for all her work and presence during her tenure as President.
- Spring Program with Jeff Georgi – planning continues. We are excited about our small group leaders, and we will include their names and experience in promotional materials.
Esther and Russ are the co-chairs.
Dates: April 17-18, 2020 – Friday/Saturday
Title: ”Beyond Shame: Taking Another Look at Addiction.”
- Financials: Pending the formal report, we continue to be in good standing.
- Our membership drive and contacting of lapsed members continues. We are grateful for Brian and all his efforts in this arena.
- Brian and Esther are working to resolve issues pertaining to approval of CEU hours for future workshops.
- We are working on a refund policy for our workshops.
- We will have a Fall 2020 Institute chaired by President Peter Millis in Asheville, NC. Planning is ongoing.
- We continue to discuss and emphasize diversity consciousness.
- We are considering a half-dozen articles on diversity and white privilege and fragility for future Zoom discussions.
- Our Mission Statement will be updated to include a stronger diversity statement.
- Our next Board meeting is Saturday, February 8, 2020 – 9:30am on Zoom.
CGPS Links –
Please join listserv by clicking the link below.
Google Group – Click Here
Website – CarolinasGPS.org
Facebook – Carolinas Group Psychotherapy Society – CGPS
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolinas-group-psychotherapysociety/2b8936158/
CGPS is on Twitter @CGPSer
CGPS is on Instagram @cgps6
2020 Board Members:
Peter Millis, LCSW – President
Moira Artigues, MD, CGP, PLLC – Treasurer
Esther Swim-Wright, LCSW – Secretary (graphic designer/workshop registrar/historian)
Russ Hopfenberg, PhD, CGP, FAGPA – Member at large
Frances Patton, LMFT, D.Min – Member at large
Derek Easley, MSW, LCSW – Member at large
Brian Clougherty, MA, MDiv, NCC, LPC – Membership/Marketing Chair
Joan C. Seiffert, LCSW, CGP, PLLC