December 16, 2019 Board Meeting Summary
- Spring Program with Jeff Georgi – planning continues
Esther and Russ are the co-chairs.
Dates: April 17-18, 2020 – Friday/Saturday
Title: ”Beyond Shame: Taking Another Look at Addiction.”
- Financials – we are in good standing. We are back at having $5000 in our combined accounts. This is the amount we need to have at all times.
- Our membership drive and early bird membership by 12/31/19 continues.
- We updated/revised our Bylaws and Board approved them. They will be posted on our website.
- We are working on a refund policy for our workshops.
- We will have a Fall 2020 Institute chaired by President Peter Millis in Asheville, NC.
Planning is ongoing.
- We hope to have some Zoom discussions on articles about topics such as White Fragility.
- Our Mission Statement will be updated to include a stronger diversity statement.
- Our next Board meeting is Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 9:30am on Zoom.
CGPS Links –
Please join listserv by clicking the link below.
Google Group – Click Here
Website – CarolinasGPS.org
Facebook – Carolinas Group Psychotherapy Society – CGPS
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolinas-group-psychotherapysociety/2b8936158/
CGPS is on Twitter @CGPSer
CGPS is on Instagram @cgps6
2019 Board Members:
Susan Orovitz, PhD, CGP – President
Peter Millis, LCSW – President-elect
Moira Artigues, MD, CGP, PLLC – Treasurer
Esther Swim-Wright, LCSW – Secretary (graphic designer/workshop registrar/historian)
Dan Darnell, PhD – Member at large
Russ Hopfenberg, PhD, CGP, FAGPA – Member at large
Frances Patton, LMFT, D.Min – Member at large
Derek Easley, MSW, LCSW – Member at large
Brian Clougherty, MA, MDiv, NCC, LPC – Membership/Marketing Chair
Joan C. Seiffert, LCSW, CGP, PLLC – Nominations Committee Chair